For foreign investors the UK has much to offer as shown in our section “Why Great Britain”. There is also a wealth of technology development particularly in areas such as Cambridge (sometimes called Silicon Fen), specialising in the areas of software, electronics and biotechnology. The government supports technology development with tax breaks and it is relatively easy to own and run a company in the UK as well as buy UK companies.
Britain is very much open for business and is looking to increase trade and open trade deals with the rest of the world, outside the European Union. https://invest.great.gov.uk/ Imports and exports have been growing steadily for the last ten years so might be expected to continue, with procurement by British companies from outside Europe to reduce costs, alongside exports of advanced technology goods and services.
We have experience of overseas markets and the complexities of establishing cross border trade. We have spent time developing overseas business relationships and can assist UK companies with:
- Establishing customers abroad and helping to open overseas export markets
- Sourcing overseas suppliers for low cost procurement
- Finding overseas investors for joint ventures or acquisitions
- Arranging financial compliance in local jurisdictions and mapping accounting systems to consolidate results and ensure consistency of reporting.
- Ensuring that overseas branches or subsidiaries submit financial reports to their holding company and put review and analysis procedures in place to improve assurance and reduce risk.
- Financial reporting including reports from overseas and assurance services using analytical review and substantive testing where needed.
- Researching UK companies willing to accept investment or wishing to sell. We are retained by overseas investors and carry out confidential UK target identification.
- Preparation of an initial Information Memorandum on the target company and interrogating the accuracy of the information provided.
- Carrying out all relevant due diligence and overseeing the investment, joint venture or acquisition.
- Provide UK accounting and tax compliance services.
- Setting up accounting systems to report back to HQ in the overseas jurisdiction; information to be extracted in line with Group reporting systems to ensure consisten management reporting
- Managing all financial and tax compliance matters with our Outsourcing services.
We have extensive connections in the Balkan region, which is well placed in the centre of Europe and have office facilities in Skopje, Macedonia. There are generous incentives to setting up business in Macedonia and we can provide a good insight into the opportunities which are available, to reduce costs of services and production, as well as carry out research and development. Details of the opportunities available are on the Invest in Macedonia website www.investinmacedonia.com and we can arrange preliminary meetings with staff and ambassadors of the Macedonian investment organisation.
- Lowest taxes in Europe rated 1st in total tax rate in the World by PWC and World Bank Group Study 2015 at 7.4%: see pages 25 and 26 of this report.
- EU & NATO candidate country.
- Fast company registration which we can arrange for you.
- Available, well educated and skilled workforce with good language skills.
- Free Trade Agreements with EU, EFTA, CEFTA countries; Turkey and the Ukraine, providing access to over 650m customers.
- Low wages costs – among the lowest in Europe and competitive with China (source: FT.com)
- Grant funding and support for investors.
We can assist you with opening the door to lower costs in Macedonia and higher profits for your UK company.